The Vilarnau cavas date from 1949 and were originally located in the town center of Sant Sadurni D’Anoia, the heart of Cava. Vilarnau has been part of the Gonzalez Byass group since 1982. The vineyards where the winery is currently located were bought in 1990 and the state-of-the-art winery was inaugurated in 2005. The Vilarnau estate is situated 6km outside of Sant Sadurni D’Anoia in the highest point of the area Espiells, 200m above sea level. High altitudes contribute to slower maturation of
the grape, which produces wines with higher acidity contributing to more balanced aging.