The Marsura family is known by its old nickname of Marsuret. The family has a long tradition in wine growing and, just like the vines they tend, is a genuine product of the Valdobbiadene hills. The winery was founded between the wars in 1936 when Agostino Marsura bought a vineyard in Val de Cune in Guia di Valdobbiadene and started to produce the first sparkling wine with natural in-bottle fermentation. His brother Giovanni, many years his junior, dedicated himself to ensuring quality production, looking after the vineyards, harvesting by hand and carefully selecting the grapes used to make the wines. These values and principles have been passed on to their sons Valter and Ermes.