The winery’s roots go back to 1809 when Auguste Moreau built a cellar across from the Champs Gain vineyard and farmed his few hectares of Chardonnay and Pinot along the golden slope. Roughly 80% of the Domaine’s current vineyard holdings were acquired by Marcel. In 1977 the reputation of this great estate was fully established under the leadership of Bernard and Francoise Moreau and the winery was named Domaine Bernard Moreau. In addition to the changes in equipment, farming, and winemaking,
they also purchased additional land bringing the vineyard total to fourteen hectares.